Mechanic – Maintenance Job Description
The Mechanic – Maintenance Technician role will be results-driven, with the primary goal to solve technical challenges for consistent operational flow. This individual must have excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills as well as demonstrated strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment problems.
- Perform annual inspections and general maintenance on trailers.
- Install, repair and maintain machines and mechanical/electrical components.
- Utilize hand and power tools.
- General fabrication.
- Maintain and repair forklifts and other equipment on a regular basis.
- Prepare and retain all documentation on repairs and/or PM’s.
- Forklift operation.
- Comply with guidelines from employee manual and following safety requirements.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of electrical wiring circuits and switches.
- Basic knowledge of welding equipment and oxy-acetylene torch.
- Ability to be forklift certified.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Class A Commercial CDL license preferred.
- Physical ability to tolerate hot/cold work environment.
- Maintain constant physical activity including bending, lifting, standing long periods on concrete flooring, stooping, bending, climbing and working overhead.
- Ability to handle stressful situations, manage time and multitask.
- Work with little or no supervision and follow instructions set by the Warehouse Manager.
- Must be able to overlap and perform Warehouse Material Handler duties to expected standards.
- Must be able to interact and communicate courteously and tactfully with managers and co-workers.
- Maintain the maintenance shop area by keeping areas neat and orderly.
- Actively look for and communicate ways to increase the efficiency and safety of the facility.
- Able to work overtime when needed to meet the work load of the company demands.
- Do not disclose any information to anyone other than a Company employee about any trade secrets, formulas, process procedures, or confidential information without written permission from a Company Officer.
Education and Experience: Industrial electrical and mechanical experience required preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Working Conditions: The indoor climate is seasonable warm during summer months, comfortably cool during winter months. Personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required for all positions throughout the warehouse, which include steel-toed shoes or boots and approved eye protection. Other PPE that may be required for certain positions includes, but is not limited to, hearing protection, leather gloves, welding protective gear and hard hat with face shield.