MDK Zero Landfill is a New Hampton, IA based warehouse/distribution facility that processes recyclable materials including cardboard, paper, plastic, metals and textiles. With our expanded growth, MDK is currently seeking a Plastic Product Marketer. Qualified candidates should have customer service experience and a strong motivation for sales along with computer skills. This is a fulltime position, Monday – Friday. Competitive wages and full benefits are offered after 90 Days.
This applicant must be able to demonstrate the following capabilities: customer service, ability to meet sales goals, have closing and prospecting skills, negotiation skills, self-confidence, presentation skills, ability to build and maintain client relationships, motivation for sales, computer skills, ability to multi-tasking and prioritize, and ability to travel.
Product Marketer Job Purpose: Generates revenue by developing market potential through forecasting, finding leads, and closing sales; recommending new products and services. As a Plastics Marketer, you will be responsible for the outbound marketing activities for companywide products. You will craft the messaging and positioning for products. You’ll conceive and develop innovative marketing programs that drive demand. Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits are crucial. In your role as a Plastic Product Marketer you will be the expert in plastic buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and will transfer that knowledge to the sales channel.
Product Marketer Job Duties:
- Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates our products in the market
- Sales enablement – communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process of our products
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of selling products we may not be currently selling and advise the Recycling Specialist of these products.
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to maximize our profits.
- Demand generation – develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for your products
- Services existing accounts and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, negotiation techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products and service by evaluating results and competitive developments that are discussed at weekly meetings.
- Resolves end user complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Initiates sales process by cold calling, scheduling appointments; making initial presentation; understanding account requirements in order to sell our products to the multiple markets.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
- Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing new products; developing new applications to sell to the end sources. Maintain relationships with existing accounts.
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts
- Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled
- Coordinate transactions flow between Product Marketer to Recycling Specialist to Sales Coordinator and or Dispatch Manager.
- Meet required benchmark requirements set by management.
- Market product to certain clients and consumers
- Help company achieve objectives and revenue goals.
- Define products and programs.
- Work with product management team to ensure process is efficient.
- Lead teams in developing and defining business requirements for retention products.
- Work with suppliers and Sale Representatives to deliver quality products.
- Participate in cross-functional teams to execute product development plan.
- Conduct periodic product analysis and optimize as needed.
- Attend trade shows. Requirements
- Drive profitable sales and brand growth
- 5+ years of software product marketing experience with at least 2 year’s experience in a field facing role
- Bachelor’s in business or marketing
- Very strong written communication skills
- Willing to travel 25%
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, and third parties.
Skills/Qualifications: Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales, computer skills, multi-tasking, prioritizing