A WORK FROM HOME OPPORTUNITY
MDK Zero Landfill is a New Hampton, IA based warehouse/distribution facility that processes recyclable materials including cardboard, paper, plastic, metals and textiles. With our expanded growth, MDK is currently seeking Sales Representative in the Madison, WI and/or Des Moines, IA area. Qualified candidates must have customer service experience and a strong motivation for sales along with computer skills. This is a fulltime position, Monday – Friday. Competitive wages and full benefits are offered after 90 Days.
Sales Representative Job Purpose:
Serves customers and vendors in the Recycling Industry by selling and purchasing products; meeting customer and vendor needs. Generates revenue by developing market potential through forecasting, finding leads, and closing sales; recommending new products and services.
Sales Representative Job Duties:
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, negotiation techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products and service by evaluating results and competitive developments that are discussed at weekly meetings.
- Resolves customer request by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Initiates sales process by cold calling, scheduling appointments; making initial presentation; understanding account requirements.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential account; explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections; preparing contracts.
- Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications. Maintain relationships with existing accounts.
- Contributes information to market strategy by monitoring competitive products and reactions from accounts
- Recommends new products and services by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled
- Coordinate transactions flow from Sales to Sales Coordinator and or Dispatch Manager.
- Meet required benchmark requirements set by management.
- Consult, maintain, and improve customer/vendor recycling programs.
- Day and limited overnight travel may be required
Skills/Qualifications: Customer Service, Meeting Sales Goals, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Negotiation, Self-Confidence, Product Knowledge, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales, computer skills, multi-tasking, prioritizing